God showed up! His Holy Spirit had a tangible presence with a light breeze blowing over the crowd.
South Africa, there surely is hope! Our God is alive! Can a nation be born in a day? “Who hath heard such a thing? Who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? Or shall a nation be born at once?” (Isaiah 66:8).
Monday morning. I’m still reflecting on the events of Saturday. The greatness of what happened. The importance of the event. The ripple effect of South Africa praying as a nation. The change that is coming. And a couple of final thoughts comes to mind:
- Be prepared: With no food stalls, everyone had to take the time to prepare beforehand. We are so spoiled for choice these days that we no longer know how organise and plan our own lives. The same principal of preparation counts for our spiritual lives. Too often we expect our pastors and spiritual leaders to keep us psyched up, but we don’t arrange our own lives to make time for God and meet Him on a daily basis. “But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect.” (1 Peter 3:15)
- Give birth to tolerance: With an estimated 1.7 million people, you can imagine that tolerance was the key to order! Become open minded towards the people around you, and cultivate acceptance instead of judgement. “Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise.” (Ephesians 5:15)
- Become a prayer warrior: A nation realised on Saturday that we no longer know how to pray out loud. It is time to learn how to pray again. Stop saying practiced habitual prayers, and start speaking from the heart! “The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.” (James 5:16)
- It’s time to take action: Being a backseat driver will not change your circumstances. It is time to take a stand, and take action in your own life! “Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.” (1 Corinthians 16:13)
- Unity starts with togetherness: Although the world teaches us to stand out and to be our own shining star with our own fan club, the truth is that we need unity! We do need to be our own individual self, uniquely created; but we need to act as one. Saturday emphasized the power of unity. One nation. One God! “Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity!” (Psalm 133:1)
I’m no longer a slave to fear, I am a child of God! "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14